Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Packing my Anchors


An illuminated logo welcomes DGs at the
front door of the JW Marriott in Indy.
 Delta Gammas are in Indy! We will be blogging from our biennial convention each day and sharing our thoughts and experiences. Today's entry is from BOA member Pam Fellows Jamieson, Alpha Delta-Oregon. Be sure to check back every day. "Wow!  Convention time is HERE!  I can’t believe this will be my 11th Convention.  As I get older, it seems I keep saying things like "time really flies" - but it does!  I’ve learned that we need to pay attention to things along the way and DG Convention is one of those times when you need to stop and take it all in. I’m smiling as I write this because I can’t wait for:  

• Squeals of delight as old friends meet again  
• Anchors – E V E R Y W H E R E!!!  (And with stores like J Crew and others in the nautical moment – it should be quite an anchor-palooza this year.)  
• The look of amazement on the collegiate president’s faces when they walk into the convention body meeting room for the first time and realize they are part of this huge sisterhood and they have a voice!  
• The late nights hanging out with friends that I don’t get to see very often, and  
• Laughing – oh my goodness - we laugh - and have so much fun at Convention and I cannot wait!    

My bag(s) are almost packed!    One last check of the shoes – I mean you can’t have enough shoes - and a stop at the drycleaners and I’ll be ready. So see you all tomorrow – with ANCHORS on!    

ITB,   Pam Fellows Jamieson Alpha Delta ‘77"

No comments:

Post a Comment